You have a lot of choices when it comes to choosing a Massage Therapist. This means you can (and should!) be picky. That’s why I think it’s only fair that I make it clear what you can expect if you decide to book a massage with me.
Here’s what I will do:
- I will ask you how you are feeling physically and emotionally before starting your massage (every single time).
- I will ask you what your preferences are regarding temperature, music, pressure, etc.
- I will listen to your concerns and do my best to address them during your treatment.
- I will give you my undivided attention during your massage session.
- I will give you your full 60, 90 or 120 minutes that you booked on the massage table.
- I will do my best to help you find another Massage Therapist if my style isn’t the right fit for you.
- I will adjust my pressure if I notice that you’re tensing or holding your breath, and I’ll check in to make sure I’m not hurting you.
- I will recommend that you drink water because it’s good to stay hydrated.
- I will keep your session and anything shared during your treatment confidential.
- I will only recommend products or treatments if they will help address your specific needs.
- I will adjust the temperature, music, pillows, etc. to your comfort needs.
- I will use professional draping methods throughout your massage.
- I will do research if you have an issue that I’m not familiar with or if you aren’t seeing an improvement.
Here’s what I will not do:
- I will not clear your chakras or auras.
- I will not shame you for wanting lighter pressure.
- I will not talk the entire time about what’s on my mind.
- I will not give you nutritional advice.
- I will not tell you to relax over and over.
- I will not give you instructions on how to breathe.
- I will not tell you that you’re a huge bundle of knots and that I’m you’re only hope for feeling better.
- I will not care if you did or didn’t shave your legs or armpits.
- I will not care if you didn’t clip your toenails recently.
- I will not tell you to drink water to rid yourself of toxins.
- I will not recommend self care techniques that I don’t actually practice myself.
- I will not give you the same exact massage over and over again (unless that’s what you prefer).
- I will not pressure you to buy products or upgrade your session with add-on services.
If that sounds like a good fit for you, feel free to book online anytime. I look forward to meeting you soon!