The benefits of Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage
Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage addresses the needs and concerns of many people seeking deep tissue massage.
Most clients report decreases in pain with increases in range of motion and athletic performance.
Deeper than a typical deep tissue session, but feels like a Swedish massage. You’ll experience the perfect level of pressure you’ve been looking for!
This is a deeply therapeutic treatment that I recommend to anyone looking for a profoundly relaxing experience with moderate to deep pressure.
Sound good? Great! You can book instantly online anytime. I look forward to meeting you soon!
What is Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage?
Ashiatsu is a Japanese word that means ashi (foot) atsu (pressure). It is a deep, painless form of barefoot massage that you will love! The Massage Therapist never walks on your back. Instead, they use overhead bars on the ceiling for balance and leverage while massaging with their feet. I have been practicing this technique since 2013 and over the years my feet have become as sensitive as my hands. My feet are able to feel tight muscles and work out knotted areas just as well as my hands. The pressure can range from moderate to deep depending on your preference (just let me know!).
This is the most advanced deep tissue massage that I have experienced and is not available widely in Vermont. There are only 8 Deep Feet Certified instructors in the United States who teach Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage. I have completed the Barefoot Basics, Ashiatsu Anterior and Sidelying, Advanced Two Footed Ashi training and I’m currently learning Ashi-Thai.
Why I recommend Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage over other bodywork techniques:
- Long sweeping strokes stimulate the lymphatic and parasympathetic nervous systems faster.
- Typically, just 20 minutes of Ashiatsu barefoot massage can do what takes an HOUR of Swedish massage to achieve!
- Long, consistent compression releases adhesions, trigger points and chronic holding patterns.
- Traction along the spine gently elongates the skeletal structure
- Improves movement and posture while relieving chronic pain.
Who Should Not Receive Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage?
- If you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant.
- If you’ve had breast/pectoral/gluteal/calf implants or any form of augmentation/enhancement within nine months.
- If you’ve had recent eye procedures/Lasik surgery within 72 hours.
- If you have a history of Tuberculosis, thrombosis, aneurysm, or ongoing kidney disorders.
- If you are currently going through radiation therapy treatments.
- If you’ve had any knee, hip, spine, shoulder, or major joint surgeries within 6 weeks.
- If you have a current flare up of phlebitis or cellulitis.
- Any active Autoimmune Disorders (such as lupus, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, etc) and Lyme disease.
- If you are currently taking any blood thinners, steroids, cortisone, anti-inflammatories, pain killers, or muscle relaxants.
- If you have uncontrolled high blood pressure or heart condition.
- If you have a pacemaker, stint or shunt.
- If you’ve had a rib or any bone fracture/break within 6 months.
- If you have been diagnosed with Osteoporosis.
- If you have been diagnosed with Spondylothesis.
- If you have Guillian-Barre’ Syndrome, have been diagnosed with any active neuropathy of severe pain and numbness, or you have any neurological disorder that causes loss of sensation or muscle weakness.